A message from Jason Ashby, our CEO
We understand you may have concerns during this unprecedented time, so I wanted to take this opportunity to update you all. Rest assured, we are still open and trading whilst taking the necessary precautions to look after the health and safety of our customers, our employees and suppliers.
To Our Customers
As always, we are continuing to provide our customers with the help and support required to ensure you receive the perfect flooring for you and your home. Allowing you, our customers, to complete your projects whilst ensuring our trade customers can also keep trading.
As always, our UK Flooring Direct family is our number one priority – protecting them is paramount, which is why we work continuously to safeguard their health and working environments. We are a market leading retailer and distributor within the flooring industry and we always put our team first.
Being a technology driven digital retailer our cloud-based technology already allows our team flexible working arrangements between the home and the office whilst still maintaining full PCI DSS compliance. We are fully following the current Government advice to help protect our people, our customers and the nation.
Trading Hour Changes
Our website is still here for you and available 24/7, ready for you to place sample or flooring orders from the safety of your own home.
Sales & Customer Service Centre
Although our office is closed, with our cloud-based technology allows our amazing Flooring Experts and Customer Service teams to work from home so they are still on hand over the phone or via live chat, to help you with any queries you may have. Please see our revised opening times below:
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Saturday – Sunday – Closed
Trade Account Managers
Our specialist Trade Account Managers are working from home so are also on hand to help both new and existing trade customers and to ensure we keep you all trading in these unprecedented times.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Our showroom is now open with a number of safety measures in place.
Changes we’ve made:
- We’re allowing a maximum of four customers in our showroom at any given time – if we already have four customers in our showroom, we will ask you to queue outside or wait in your car until a space becomes free.
- Temperature checks will be carried out on all customers when visiting our showroom.
- Our customer toilets are out of service until further notice.
- Our showroom and displays are deep cleaned on a regular basis.
What we’re asking of you:
- Please do not visit our showroom unless absolutely essential, we offer a free extra-large sampling service and contact-free two-day delivery on all available floors. You can also try our Room Visualiser at home.
- Customers should only travel from the Hinckley & Bosworth area.
- Please do not visit our showroom if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or traveling from Tier 4. ID checks will be carried out on the door.
- Please wear a mask and use the hand sanitiser provided when entering our showroom
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines whilst in our showroom and when queueing
- Please do not touch our sample displays – our team will happily give you some of our extra-large samples to take home
- If possible, please do not bring children with you to our showroom. Otherwise, please ensure they are accompanied by an adult at all times
- Please pay by card where possible
- As we may have to limit browsing time during busy periods, and to save your time in our showroom, you can browse our website prior to visiting. Here, you can view our full range of floors and order extra-large free samples to be delivered to your door. You can also use our Room Visualiser tool to see how each floor can transform your room.
Contactless Home Delivery Service.
Our distribution team are still working but under enhanced safety measures to ensure we continue to get your orders out.
Samples will still be dispatched within 24 hours; please be aware we are now operating with our doorstep delivery service to protect both our customers and our delivery driver. This will consist of the following:
- You will receive an SMS with a 2-hour delivery slot
- Your driver will knock on arrival to alert you of your delivery
- Your samples will be left in a safe place, ready for you to collect
Don’t forget you can order endless numbers of samples to ensure you find the right flooring for you.
Due to a high volume of demand our Next day delivery service is currently unavailable, all other delivery options are operating as normal.
Our delivery partners have implemented strict COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of both staff and our customers, these are:
- All employees must self-isolate if they have had a positive test for Covid-19, if they are suffering from Covid-19 symptoms or if they live with someone who is affected
- Vehicle windows must be left open at all times whilst driving
- Face coverings to be worn at all times
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times
- Driver must be assigned to the same Driver’s Mate every time to reduce the amount of close contact between various workers
- Driver/Driver’s Mate must not enter consumer premises, unless providing over the threshold delivery
- If selecting over the threshold service the consumer agrees to the following:
- That the consumer gives consent for an over the threshold delivery by the delivery team (the team will wear face coverings)
- TThat the consumer or any other member of their household are not self-isolating or experiencing any potential Covid-19 symptoms
- That delivery will be to the first room, i.e. the hallway or the first room upon entering the front door if there is no hallway
- Driver to ask the consumer if they are currently self-isolating due to Covid-19 – if they are, then delivery must only be made to the doorstep. Driver must not enter the consumer premises
- Driver not to touch any surfaces at consumer premises – gloves to be made available, however should not be worn as a replacement of hand washing and sanitising
- Driver to request that the consumer stands back to ensure social distancing at all times. Consumer must not assist with the delivery
- Driver to sanitise hands immediately after making delivery
Laminate, Luxury Vinyl and Real Wood
You will now receive our doorstep delivery service in place of our new standard in-home delivery, which is suspended until further notice. Please bear with us, due to high demand we ask you to allow for a delivery lead time of two working days. Here’s what to expect from our doorstep delivery service:
- Your driver will be in touch 30 minutes before your delivery is due
- Your driver will knock on arrival to alert you of your delivery and remain 2m away as they unload your new floor
- Your delivery won’t be left without your acknowledgement
Carpet and Sheet Vinyl
You will receive over the threshold delivery service in place of our new standard in-home delivery, which is suspended until further notice. Please bear with us, due to high demand we ask you to allow for a delivery lead time of three working days. Here’s what to expect from our over the threshold delivery service:
- Your driver will be in touch 30 minutes before your delivery is due and ask COVID-19 screening questions
- Your driver will knock on arrival to alert you of your delivery and remain 2m away from you as they carry your new floor over the threshold
Please visit our delivery page for more information.
Suppliers & Stock
As always, we will continue to maintain high stock levels to serve our customers – individual stock levels are also visible on the product pages for clarity. We are working closely alongside our worldwide suppliers to ensure we have a constant stream of stock for you to purchase and continually transform your homes