Purple. It doesn’t matter which room of the home needs a design shake-up, there’s always room for a bit of purple. It’s true that purple can be in-your-face at times, but our vibrant mood board above proves that lighter shades can bring the subtlety you desire. Purple is an outlandish choice, but only when you want it to be.
We know that interiors are only as good as their accessories, these glossy cushions and furniture pieces showing that there’s much more to consider than just colour. It’s a real bugbear at Your Home of Inspiration when colour schemes blend superfluously, only for an item of clashing texture to be added… you have been warned.
You should also look to lighting options and curtains, wallpapering and vases; let the accessorising begin! Having said this, there does need to be an element of contrast and balance. You could employ a white or light grey choice of floor from UK Flooring Direct, sure to make your purple accents stand out exactly as they should.
With the World Wide Web at your fingertips choice is quite staggering, so there’s no excuse not to do your homework here, whether you’re looking for light or dark, rich or subtle. The shade and texture for you is out there, you just have to find it.
Purple is hardly one dimensional, either. Perhaps you could incorporate some violets or indigos into a hybrid living room, or maybe you’re brave enough to try it on your kitchen! These kind of interiors are destined to stick in the memory, and that’s what interior design is all about, right?
< Back to Home of Inspiration
< Back to Get the Look
Get the Look Articles
- Get the Look: Bathroom Elegance
- Get the Look: New Year, New Kitchen
- Get the Look: Tribal Mood Board
- Get the Look: Monotone Mood Board
- Get the Look: Copper Mood Board
- Get the Look: Natural Inspiration Mood Board
- Get the Look: Welcoming Hallway
- Get the Look: 5 bathroom rejuvenation
- Get the Look: 5 Spring living room
- Get the Look: Retro mood board
- Get the Look: Purple mood board
- Get the Look: French provincial
- Get the Look: Retro