Get the Look is back! A particular favourite in the Home of Inspiration office, these entries help you string together some of the most sought after looks found in our lifestyle shots. This has become a real passion of ours and whether it be flooring, paint, furniture or accessories, we’re here to guide you through your interior revamp.
This time we’ve included some wonderful statement furniture, and the return of the feature wall. It can pay to take a gamble in interior design, seemingly bizarre inclusions often becoming the stars of the show.
The striking blue feature wall allows the Oak Select floor to quietly go about its business, the eye test chart and telephone taking us on a distinctly retro trip down memory lane.
1. Series Woods Oak Select Flooring enjoys the classic oak look that comes with the practical benefits of laminate, ukflooringdirect.co.uk
2. A patterned wallpaper or in this case a rich blue paint provides for an impressive feature wall, try Cook’s Blue from farrow-ball.com
3. The white of the Charles Eames Style ‘Eiffel’ Chair brings out the vibrancy of the feature wall and distressed look of the floor, mdmfurniture.com
4. This Classic Retro Telephone takes us to a bygone era and offers a fantastic talking point, woolworths.co.uk
5. Eye Chart Fine Art Print adds an element of stylish fun to the interior, notonthehighstreet.com
6. A coffee table can act equally as well as a low sideboard, try the Mantua Coffee Table which keeps the retro theme strong ercol.com
Series Woods Oak Select is a great choice of laminate that matches the showcase shot, and is a proven favourite amongst the budget-conscious thanks to its hardwearing durability. For those after that authentic quality only real wood can bring, why not try Galleria Professional European Oak solid wood flooring, and if you’re looking for easy maintenance it could be worth considering Spectra Amber Oak vinyl, which is also 100% waterproof.
The above proves that no matter the price point, no matter what you want to get out of your flooring choice, an on-trend look can always be achieved with the versatility of the UK Flooring Direct range; all of these floors provide the perfect backdrop to retro styling and furniture touches.
We hope you’ve been inspired by this month’s Get the Look – we know we had fun putting it together! Although we’ve provided suggestions on where to find featured items, don’t let us hold you back. There’s a vast and vibrant world of interiors out there, both on the web and on the high street, so research is guaranteed to pay off. As ever, patience is key.
We’d love to hear how you get on recreating this look, so why not get in contact and let us know!
To see our brilliant collection of ‘Get the Looks’ click here
< Back to Home of Inspiration
< Back to Get the Look
Get the Look Articles
- Get the Look: Bathroom Elegance
- Get the Look: New Year, New Kitchen
- Get the Look: Tribal Mood Board
- Get the Look: Monotone Mood Board
- Get the Look: Copper Mood Board
- Get the Look: Natural Inspiration Mood Board
- Get the Look: Welcoming Hallway
- Get the Look: 5 bathroom rejuvenation
- Get the Look: 5 Spring living room
- Get the Look: Retro mood board
- Get the Look: Purple mood board
- Get the Look: French provincial
- Get the Look: Retro