Welcome to Your Home of Inspiration’s first Get the Look feature! We pride ourselves on our lifestyle shots, so we thought it only right to give you the chance to recreate the looks we’ve achieved with our flooring. From grand period hallways to chic apartment shots, sit back and enjoy as we help you to put together some truly sumptuous styles.
This delightful room set takes its inspiration from French country living, an inviting and characterful look that’s loads of fun to create. The engineered wood flooring is the unsung hero of the shot, coming from UK Flooring Direct’s Galleria Elite Collection, and in keeping with the popular distressed feel that we’re seeing throughout design blogs and magazines right now.
This is the epitome of rustic design, colour variations and knots left in place to maintain character and charm. Used in conjunction with the furniture and accessories we’ve picked out, it’s sure to get family and friends talking. Why not try it out!
1. Galleria Elite White Brushed provides the base for this French provincial style kitchenk
2. A free standing Heidi Cabinet provides a great alternative to a fitted kitchen, the like of which can be found at steinworld.com
3. This Butlers Sink is a timeless classic that needs little introduction, victoriaplumbing.co.uk
4. A paint such as Cornforth White is a key yet understated element to the final look and feel, farrow-ball.com
5. A Glass Light Shade offers a stylish and subtle finishing touch, amazon.co.uk
6. Le Creuset Casserole Dish is equally as impressive in the oven as it is on display, lecreuset.co.uk
It would pay for those on a budget to look at laminate as opposed to the wood we see in the showcase. The benefits of this include simpler maintenance, particularly useful when hectic family life is taken into account. Series Woods Old Grey would be an apt choice, a good match which won’t break the bank.
Alternatively, Series Elements Salamanca Grey Slab is an option with a twist. Not the closest of matches due to its tiled pattern, this style is very much ‘in’ and would still do a sterling job if placed in a similar setting.
Whatever you opt for, we trust your judgment. This look shouldn’t be too much hassle to create with a bit of careful planning, but we found the results to be superb. We’d love to hear how you get on, so why not get in touch!