UK Flooring Direct is a multi-award-winning company that has enjoyed phenomenal success and expansion in recent years. We were named one of the fastest growing private companies three times in a row by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2010, 2011 & 2012.
We’re a very fast paced online retailer with bundles of ideas, drive and ambition. This position is ideal for someone to wants to work in a fast moving and challenging environment and wants the opportunity to demonstrate success through implementing actions and change.
The HR Advisor will assist with the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties taking direction from the Head of department. The HR Advisor will carry out responsibilities in all the following functional areas: departmental development, employee relations and employment law, training and development, benefits, compensation, administration, recruitment and process improvement within UKFD
This role is ideal for a true generalist with experience in a fast-paced environment who wants to progress their career and the opportunity to add value to a growing successful business.
Reporting to: Head of HR & People Development
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
- Managing daily operational HR tasks and dealing with employee relations matters to a high level
- Involvement in end-to-end recruitment including writing job specifications, candidate/agency sourcing, co-ordinating interviews and managing and improving the internal on-boarding process, ensuring a positive candidate experience
- Working with the Head of HR to strengthening the organisational culture, drawing on information from our own assessment methodology and survey results, ensuring that our values are lived and embedded in our people practices
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with organisational objectives
- Liaising directly with the senior management team as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning.
- Developing company wellbeing, health and counselling policies
- Leading the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Organised - Able to work under tight, changing deadlines, effectively and efficiently
- Communication - Ability to build strong relationships at all levels and collaborate with others is vital. Diplomacy and strong negotiations skills required
- Commercial acumen - Being able to understand the ultimate aims of the business and support through HR best practise and value add
- Role modelling – As a member of the HR team, you will be expected to demonstrate and lead on our values, exercising professionalism, discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of employment law and its application, regulation and processes for disciplinaries, redundancies and recruitment is required. Experience of dealing with complex employee relation matters. A comitted work ethic - always striving for excellence and continuous improvement
- Coaching and mentoring – Whether senior executives, junior colleagues, or middle management, you should be proficient in developing skills within your talent and imparting knowledge to other sin a clear, concise way
- Interpersonal skills – To display tact, empathy and the ability to deal with difficult and sensitive situations professionally and calmly
- IT – Strong IT skills, able to use a wide range of IT and Microsoft packages to support reporting and data
What We Offer:
- Free breakfasts, snacks & drinks all day, every day.
- Staff Discounts on all UK Flooring Direct Products
- Attractive holiday allowance, company loyalty & incentive schemes
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Companywide social events every year…because we like to play hard as well as work hard.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this specific role or more about a career at UK Flooring Direct, we would love to hear from you. Please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our UK Flooring Direct Company Values:
- We think about the customer
- We look through their eyes
- We want them to think we’re great
- We are friendly and supportive
- We help each other achieve
- We take responsibility for our work
- We are proud of what we do
- We do the right things
- We are expert in our fields
- We have a desire to succeed
- We are hardworking
- We have a desire to be the best