UK Flooring Direct (UK Flooring Direct) is a multi-award winning company that has enjoyed phenomenal success and expansion in recent years. We were named the fastest growing company three times in a row by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
We’re a very fast paced online retailer with bundles of ideas, enthusiasm, drive and ambition. The position is ideal for someone who wants to work in a fast moving, creative and challenging environment. We seek like-minded people who can think on his or her feet, and would love the challenge of a fast growth business.
As a Data Scientist you would work across the business in to identify opportunities to enhance business performance; top line growth, operational efficiency and profitability, through the methodical application of data science techniques to our data assets. You will work closely with the Insight, Ecommerce Personalisation & Commercial Directors to identify and prioritise opportunities that can be realised across digital marketing, online merchandising, promotions and pricing, contact centre performance, operations and multichannel customer experience.
We have recently launched our data warehouse in Google Cloud Platform and have a rich set of relatively untapped data, including comprehensive transactional & customer data, hit-level website session data, PPC costs and call logs, among others.
As the first pure data scientist within UKFD, you will work closely with the Insight Director and BI Data Engineer to develop a series of use cases to secure potential quicks wins and demonstrate the value data science can bring to the business, and to plan our evolution from a more traditional BI & insight function to one that accommodates data science as a discipline.
This is a fantastic opportunity for data scientist to develop their skills and experience in market-leading technologies within a fast-growing ecommerce business. You will join an existing team of six covering data engineering, BI & reporting, customer insight, and digital analytics.
- A passion for working with and driving value from data science techniques combined with a focus on business & customer success
- Programming skills for data science, including excellent SQL and Python as a minimum
- Demonstrable experience deploying data science techniques, including data sampling, a variety of ML and predictive models, model validation, deployment and automation processes and pipelines
- Solid knowledge of statistics and experience of controlled experiment design
- Broad understanding of different types of business data from digital marketing and analytics, ERP, call centre operations, logistics and supply chain
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud Platform preferable, but not essential
- Experience in data & database technologies, including data processing and modelling desirable
- Work with the Insight Director to build and maintain a prioritised backlog of data science opportunities to enable data & platform in-place to support
- Translate business opportunities into clear, workable hypothesis
- Define and deliver data science projects in collaboration with BI Data Engineer, Customer Insight Analysts other key stakeholders
- Work with BI Data Engineer to develop and manage new data structures, environments and processes to enable application of data science
- Work with BI Data Engineer, IT and other internal external stakeholders to deploy models into the wild
- Define & putting place processes to monitor, manage and update models to ensure they remain effective over time
What We Offer:
- Free breakfasts, snacks & drinks all day, every day.
- Staff Discounts on all UK Flooring Direct Products
- Attractive holiday allowance, company loyalty & incentive schemes
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Companywide social events every year…because we like to play hard as well as work hard.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this specific role or more about a career at UK Flooring Direct, we would love to hear from you. Please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our UK Flooring Direct Company Values:
- We think about the customer
- We look through their eyes
- We want them to think we’re great
- We are friendly and supportive
- We help each other achieve
- We take responsibility for our work
- We are proud of what we do
- We do the right things
- We are expert in our fields
- We have a desire to succeed
- We are hardworking
- We have a desire to be the best