Buying Careers Vacancies at UK Flooring Direct
Role summary: The Merchandiser role will be instrumental in the planning & developing of a robust merchandise plan. Working closely with all functions, particularly Buying and Supply Chain, the Merchandiser will ensure plans are in place to achieve and maximise sales & profit expectations. With a proven background in merchandising and planning, the successful candidate will have the ability to think commercially and hit the ground running in this rapidly expanding business.
- Analyse performance and understand sales & customer trends to anticipate future product needs.
- Collate, interpret, and summarise data to articulate recommendations that aid key commercial decisions.
- Understand the makeup of each range, the best sellers and actions required to protect sales.
- Work closely with Buyers to ensure range, price and supply is optimised.
- Own sales volume forecasts and proactively communicate with the supply chain to deliver stock availability.
- Ensure forecasts reflect seasonal profile and are in line with campaign activity.
- Monitor forecast accuracy and flag any variances to maintain supply and ensure stocks do not exceed agreed stock holding.
- Propose action for stock overages and articulate margin impact ready for sign off.
- Ensure risks to sales & profit targets are flagged and solid plans are put in place and communicated to mitigate risk.
- Work closely with all functions to ensure the launch of new lines and promotions land right the first time.
- Constant review of existing processes to drive positive change and ways of working
We’re looking for someone with:
- The ability to work with others to deliver and exceed set targets.
- Excellent organisation skills who is a multi-tasking expert.
- Attention to detail and a methodical, calm approach.
- High proficiency in MS Excel; a numbers master who can interpret and articulate complex data.
- Confidence in verbal and written communication, who enjoys building great relationships and working effectively and efficiently with your team.
- Confidence and not afraid to positively challenge the current status quo.
- Focused attitude and eye for accuracy.
- The drive to get an excellent result, first time.
- Organisation skills and the ability to manage your time effectively so you can meet tight deadlines.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this specific role or more about a career at UK Flooring Direct, we would love to hear from you. Please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org